Image Map

Friday, May 18, 2012

a new day.

Happy Friday!!
Hooray for a new day!

Actually when I woke up this morning I didn't feel that excited about it.
I have a strange rash on my face & neck that has been there for the last 2 days, I don't have clean clothes because I need to do laundry, and I am behind on a most everything.

All of those combined helped me to start my day feeling pretty yucky. Not that they were really anything to complain about, compared to the precious people who are truly suffering,
but I just woke up feeling pretty.... eh... 

Then I headed over to meet my sister for our 7am coffee date & it changed things for me.
(That girl is seriously amazing. She is so real & honest... its refreshing. See photo below :) )
beautiful blue-eyed Meredith.
We talked & read Proverbs 18.
&& as I lifted my attention from myself to my God, everything shifted.

Psalm 118:24 says, 

"This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it."


Today is a gift. We didn't just float into this day, we were given today. God, the author of life, has chosen for us to have today. He is ready to use today. He has new mercy for us today. We are forgiven today. He has strength for today. New opportunities. New hope. Fresh love. Laughter. Joy. Awesome relationships. Today is not just another day. Today is the day that the Lord has made! No matter what we feel, or where we are, we can choose to make the most of this day... because Jesus promises that He will be with us. He has a higher purpose for today, and He wants us to trust Him with that.  


So that is what I am doing now. 
My rash is still here. 
My clothes still need to be washed. 
I'm still behind on a lot of different things. 
But I am excited!

Because my God made today & He is ready to spend it with me. That is worth celebrating!


photo by Caleb Parker- taken on the hills near where I live.

2 comments:

Mary Catherine Lane said...

Hi Jessica! I discovered your blog about a month ago. I wasn't looking for a Christian blog to read but I somehow stumbled upon it through pinterest. I read every single post that night and was amazed. I truly think God wanted me to find your blog because so many posts apply to my life. What you write is so incredible and wise. I am only 16 years old and high school can be so stressful at times, but reading your blog every night has become the highlight of my day. I shared it with my 14 year old sister and we've found much joy discussing the lessons you post. I hope to be a woman like you when I get older; the way you live your life and view things is so inspiring. Keep posting because I'm sure there are other girls like me who get a lot out of reading this blog too. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Jess Hover said...

Mary Catherine, Did you just start following me on Instagram? I think that might be you :) If not it is another beautiful Mary Catherine! Thank you SO much for writing me! I'm so encouraged to know that God is using my blog in your life. You are exactly the type of girl that i hope to encourage! I know that being a 16 year old young woman has its challenges but your heart to follow Jesus can help change everything! I pray that God opens your eyes to see yourself as He sees you. You are so very precious. I hope you and your sweet sister have a wonderful week and I am excited to be in touch with you! God bless you lovely one!