or at Starbucks they call it a "cafe misto"...
basically its just a delicious coffee with frothed milk.
But either way...
its a favorite part of my morning routine.
And by the way...
I really do like you A LOT.
& I sincerely hope you understood the cute-ness in this blog post title.
So this one is for my coffee drinking pals.
Though tea-lovers will benefit too.
And if you're a cocoa girl... then you are in the right place.
I've decided to let you in on how I make a perfect cup-of-Joe.
But I'm going to name her the
I think it fits better.
The key to this delightful drink is the frothed milk. Since I don't have a fancy milk-frother, I have resorted to a home remedy. It is working exceptionally well.
1) Brew a pot of coffee. The coffee of choice varies... but I'm NOT a fan of "swamp water"... so if your coffee is disgusting... I don't think even my hot, bubbly milk will save you.
2) For home-made frothed milk, I use a little blender. Mine is called "The Magic Bullet" and it works like a dream. Another option for this step is to just put a bit of milk in a closed container (like a mason jar) and shake it up for 10-15 seconds.
3) After shaking or blending, put your milk in the microwave for 30 seconds. Watch it so that it doesn't bubble over. It shouldn't- but it may if it is filled too full.
4) Usually I blend it once more after heating it... I'm a HUGE fan of foam.
5) By this point my milk is warm & foamy... But if its not quite hot enough, I'll pop it back in the micowave for a few seconds longer.
6) Now its time to pour a cup of coffee. Make sure you use a mug that is both cozy & cute. I"m pretty certain that good mugs make EVERY hot drink taste better.
(Remember that if you aren't a coffee fan-
tea && cocoa would be yummy too!)
7) Next I add the milk. The liquid will pour quickly, but usually the bubbles stay in the bottom of the cup. That's when I use a spoon to scoop out the foam out & set it on top of the coffee.
8) My sweetener of choice varies between Sugar in the Raw and honey. This week I've been a honey girl because I love the way it swirls on top of the foam. But sprinkling the the Raw Sugar on top is both yummy && pretty... so you can't go wrong.
9) And finally we have the PERFECT-cup-of-Joy to accompany some morning Bible reading & journaling.