Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I only have a minute to write today, but I just felt to encourage you to be child-like. I think I need the encouragement too...

There are so many big things to think about, so many big decisions and ideas.

But Jesus tells us in Matthew 18:3 to be like the little child.

"And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." 

To me that is pretty simple. It means listen to God, obey what He says, trust that He will take care of me, and have fun doing it. It means that I shouldn't be surprised if  I fall down, or make a mess, and that I can have a great time being me.. because why the heck wouldn't I?

To be like a little child is to be humble & dependent... because kids can't make it without their parents. 

One of my favorite qualities of a child is the ability to use my imagination, and make the most of wherever I am. I watch kids and I see them do it all the time... you put them in a plain room, give them a plastic bowl (or something equally simple)... and all of the sudden they are pirates on a ship... in a battle...during a storm... and the bowl becomes a hat or shield or something. 

Its a wonderful gift. Kids believe in the impossible & aren't aware of how weak they really are. 

That's how we get to be with God. He wants that. He wants us to trust Him & have a great time being loved by Him. He wants us to go where He sends us, and He wants to care for our every need. 

He wants us to want him. It is a precious thing when a little child wants you. They walk over and put their arms up, just waiting for you to scoop them into your arms. 

God wants us to want Him like that.

So let's do it. Let's be like little ones today.. and let's trust God to be God. 

Sadie & Lily... just being little girls.
 

No comments: