Image Map

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sick as a Chinese dog but as happy as a Chinese clam.

Some of you heard I was a sickie lady during my last few days in China.

It's true.

It was pretty terrible.

Vomiting for pretty much a whole day... In bed feeling weak and achy for two more days. 35 hours of traveling the next day, with layovers in Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Tokyo...still not feeling well.
Overall NOT my favorite situation.

But even in the midst of it I could see God blessing me through it...
Because I don't think I've ever felt as loved by Shaun as I did during those days. (and Shaun does a good job loving me everyday.) But seriously I think if Jesus had been there in person taking care of me Himself, it wouldn't have looked much different. Shaun would lay with me for hours talking to me, laughing with me, carrying me to the bathroom...or holding the bag next to the bed when I couldn't make it to the bathroom, holding my hair back and cleaning me off, encouraging me that I was doing great and praying with me over and over and over for healing, strength and relief. It was unbelievable.

If that wasn't enough, while I laid in bed resting for those few days... With no phone service and no Facebook (because they don't allow that in China)... I really could feel the sweet and intimate presence of God. I could hear Him speaking things to me...nI'll share more on that another time but it was EXACTLY what I needed.

So even though I had a bad tummy.
And an achy body.
My heart stayed EXTRA full.

And now?
It's Wednesday morning.
I've rested.
Unpacked.
Repacked.
And am headed to New York City for another outreach at Fashion Week.

As Shaun would say, I'm "as healthy as a horse". (Not a Chinese horse though... I have a feeling I'm healthier than one of those.)

Below are some photos from my sickness and my journey home. I am posting this from my iPod so the photos are out of order! Sorry :)

(ps. there's no greater joy than to follow Jesus.)

No comments: