Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

hit by a car.

Jen & Paul being wonderful.
My sweet friend Jen's husband was hit by a car three years ago. It was a nightmare.
I just read this message from him and am SO encouraged 
 that I had to share it with you! 
Have a happy Tuesday!!

"Three years ago, I was hit by a car and thrown 60 feet landing on my head and my back on the asphalt . The police report anticipated that the accident would be fatal. I left the hospital 3 days later in a wheelchair. 

The following 1.5 years I was almost entirely bedridden.

One and a half years ago, I was taking narcotics everyday to make it through the pain, ambien every night to sleep, and seeing doctors 3 times a week. I was depressed and hanging on to a fragile thread of hope that God had a plan for me through all of this.

Seven months ago I was weak and frail
.

Today I completed my first triathlon.
1000 meter swim +(100 meters because I went the wrong way)
18 mile bike
4.5 mile run

Today I overcame.

Looking back, I still don't know why I had to go through all that but now I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when Jesus told me in Hebrews 13:5, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" He meant it. He was an empathic best friend, a coach, and a shoulder to cry on as He helped me and taught me to climb the mountains in my life.

And I know He wants to be the same for you.

Thank you to all of you that were there for me and helped me make it through."


--Paul Nagaoka 

in the hospital after the accident.

beautiful Jen. such a role model to me.
aren't they gorgeous together? 

&& these are just because I love them :) 

No comments: