Image Map

Sunday, September 9, 2012

With love from New York City

Here I am!
Stealing a moment on Christina's mac to update you from our outreach to New York City's Fashion Week.

Things are going so well! I will share in more detail later but here are the basics.

We have volunteers with us from all over the world. Roughly 40 I think. We begin each day at the American Bible Society (right next to Lincoln Center) with prayer, worship, and sharing encouraging stories from the day before. After that we split into different groups- I have been with the other "dressers" working backstage dressing the models for the fashion shows.

My most exciting moment so far has been reconnecting with a model that we have been praying for since last fashion week. She is the most precious German girl and I have loved how our friendship is growing. Today Eve and I plan to have lunch with her between shows. We are praying that our time together will refresh her heart and be an opportunity to talk more about God's love for her.

I am so grateful for the family that I have working alongside me this fashion week. There are so many friends here that have come through YWAM Los Angeles... many that Shaun and I have led in the past. These are people we adore, that we have ministered with in places like Mexico, Thailand, and Chile.... it is incredible to add NYC to our history together. God is good.

Well, that's all for today. I will try to share more soon!

Most of the volunteers for this Fashion Week outreach! 

YWAM LA family! (Jackie and Amanda will be cropped in later!)

At the American Bible Society! 


No comments: