Image Map

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Siri. Beautiful and victorious.

Our niece Siri Grace is a gem. You can meet her...

Her name, Siri, means beautiful and victorious. Over the last few days I have been spending a lot of time with her and learning so much. She is amazing. 

The other night as I was laying down to go to bed I was feeling extra anxious. Stressing over all of the things that I need to get done, feeling insecure in different areas, and praying for peace because my mind was so overwhelmed.

As I was wrestling with my brain, asking the Holy Spirit to calm my anxious heart, He used Siri to teach me an important lesson...

I began to imagine Siri playing with a toy and getting frustrated because she couldn't figure it out. She kept trying and trying, but it was too complicated for her sweet little undeveloped mind. She then walked over to me in her desperation and handed me her toy, hoping that I would fix it. I was excited to take the toy from her, because I definitely knew how to fix it, and I felt happy to calm her frustration. I even felt honored that she chose me to come to when she felt sad. I fixed the toy for her and then handed it back to her. It was so satisfying for me to see her smile as she realized the toy was fixed again.

Through this, God showed me his desire to be the One to handle the matters of my life that cause me frustration. He loves me. He is excited when I come to Him with the issues that feel too big for me. In comparison to Him, I am little and undeveloped. Just as Siri's toy issue was too big for her, my life issues feel too big for me. But just as Siri's issue was nothing at all for me to fix, my issues are nothing at all for God to take care of. He is the Creator of everything. He is the Giver of life and the Savior of humankind-He can certainly handle my day-to-day tasks, my body, my marriage, and my home. He is huge, and I am teeny-tiny. He loves when I come to Him and give Him my life, asking for His help and direction. He loves to be my Savior and the source of my joy. Just like I love being the one Siri chooses to help her and rescue her when her life as a 10-month-old baby girl feels like too much for her to handle. God loves when I come to Him, in my desperation, looking to Him for answers. I was made for that.

We were all made for that. We were created by God, to do life with Him, and look to Him for all of our needs. To Him, we are like Siri, desperate little precious helpless babies. He loves us and He delights in taking care of us. We were created to trust Him, and only in giving ourselves to Him do we find true peace. Jesus is called the Prince of Peace. It only makes sense to look to Him when things feel out of control.


Isaiah 9:6(NIV)

6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, & the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments: