Image Map

Friday, August 2, 2013

24 things.

24 things.
Because this is my last weekend being 24!
It's true. The big 2-5 comes Monday.
But for now.
Here are 24 things.
Things that you might like to know and I might like to remember. About me. And being 24.


1) I read this verse last night and liked it. I hope I live it. It seems easy to forget.
"Then He said, "Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. 
Life is not measured by how much you own." Luke 12:15

2) This year I travelled to:
China
Hong Kong
New York
Germany
France
Luxembourg
Switzerland
England
Czech Republic
Holland
Colorado
Michigan
Washington
... and maybe somewhere else I am forgetting.

In one sentence, these places have taught me:
Life is incredibly beautiful, 
beyond measure, 
but I have found no place on earth 
that can satisfy my deepest needs. 

3) I love mornings in Manhattan Beach. A coconut latte from Peet's coffee, with a bagel & cream cheese from Noah's bagels, eaten on the beach, are a few of my favorite things. 

4) Right now I live in a church. Today I have 25 roommates. That number changes often. 
Sharing is essential. So is cleaning up after myself. Patience & flexibility make life 100% easier. 
((I am richly blessed.)) 

5) Giving gifts brings me great joy. I love mail. Giving & receiving it. 
I think gifts might be my "love language". Along with words of affirmation. 

6) I've been the director of Models For Christ LA for almost a year now. 
It was incredibly intimidating at first but each week I am learning confidence in God. 
I am finding that God often puts us in positions & situations 
where we are completely desperate for Him. 
In doing it that way- 
we grow in intimacy with Him, 
& then,
when He does come through for us 
(like He promises to)
He gets ALL of the glory. 

7) Ginger tea is nice after dinner. Especially when I drink it out of a pretty mug.
8) Pretty mugs make everything taste better.

9) As of this year Meredith has read the whole Bible 5 times. 
I should definitely go to her for advice.

10) Learning from friends is the best way to go. WAY better than envying & comparing myself to them. Calling out the best in people & celebrating their accomplishments makes for a full heart. 

11) Today I registered to take a college class in the fall. 
One day I'd like to graduate from college. 
My life doesn't depend on it. But I think it would be great. 

12) Shaun has had some really good haircuts this year. 
13) I have had really nice hair this year too. I should refer back to photos of this year when I'm looking for future hair colors & styles.

14) Groupon is AWESOME. 

15) 21 Choices frozen yogurt in Pasadena is an establishment worth visiting as often as possible. :)

16) Terrible things happen. People die early. Marriages end. Babies are lost in the womb. Friends get in fights. Cancer spreads. The economy fails. Spouses cheat. Christian leaders fall. Accidents happen. Loved ones stop believing in God. It's okay to hate it. It's okay to want to give up. It's okay to feel like you don't have the strength to keep going. God is bigger. He will meet us in it. No matter how bad things get. He will hold our hearts. He will save us. 

17) I have a pair of black shorts with yellow roses on them. They are from the thrift store. I love them. 

18) Being backstage at Fashion Week makes my heart come alive. 
Seeing God move back there is something I wish all of my loved ones could witness. 

19) My parents are amazing. There is so much to learn from them. 
Mom is creative & visionary. Dad is motivated & plans ahead. I'm so thankful to be a Wilson. 
((I'm also EXTRA thankful to be a Hover))

20) I like the way Europeans do hospitality. They make your room all pretty like a hotel room & serve you like a Queen. They may not always welcome you into their home, but if they do, they will wait on you and treat you like royalty. 
21) Americans do hospitality well too, but we treat guests more like family. Unlike Europeans, we are less likely to tell someone they can't stay with us... but because of that we are not as fancy with their experience. 
                           (21-and-a-half) I think blending American hospitality 
                       with European hospitality is the way to go. 
Make their room pretty, treat them with special care, and welcome them anytime... like family. 

23) I don't think Gerbera daisies are my favorite flower anymore. I still love them... and I haven't decided on a new favorite yet... But I just don't think they are my favorite anymore. 
Grandma has always loved Peonies... I really like those too. 

24) This year I have prayed a lot for God to make me trustworthy and faithful
Both of those qualities are precious. I'll keep praying for them and aspiring to live them out. 

That's all. 
These are the first 24 things I could think of today.
I like it that way. 
Gotta go with my first thoughts... 
If I think it through too much I'll end up confused. 
You understand. :) 

No comments: