Image Map

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hi! I'm Jess.

In case you'd care to know me a bit better...


1. What time did you get up this morning?
8:00 in the am. My alarm was set for 7:30... but I made use of the trusty "snooze" button.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Les Miserables. It was BEAUTIFUL. All about the grace of God.
(PS. My husband cried. It was the second time I have EVER seen him do that, since I have known him!!! But shhhhhh... don't tell him I told you.)

3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I'm grateful to be living in southern California... but it would be fun to live even closer to the ocean. :)

4. What did you have for breakfast?
Vanilla Greek yogurt. Delish.

5. What foods do you love?
I am a huge fan of food. Italian- I can eat wayyy too much pasta in one sitting.
Thai food. Sweet potato fries. Sushi. You make it... I'll enjoy it.
However.... you should know... I am TERRIBLE in the kitchen. I'm workin on it... but its God's grace to me that I married a man who is an incredible cook.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
We have a '98 Corolla. We bought it from my sweet Grandma Mary with 26,000 miles on it. I had a fantastic red jetta too, but we gave it away to our awesome missionary friend Mike Ausherman.

7. What are your favorite clothes?
Basically everything I wear was either bought for me as a gift or given to me second-hand. It's so fun. My favorite is when I am given adorable clothes that also happen to fit perfectly. Its the best feeling.
PS. Speaking of being given adorable clothes!- Yesterday I opened a gift from my sweet friend Hillary (www.lifeonsugarhill.blogspot.com). It was an extra cute shirt from her clothing line "Project Love" (www.projectyourlove.com).
I'll post a photo at the bottom of this!

8. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Well... if I could go today... it would be home sweet home to see my friends in Colorado.

9. Favorite time of day?
Mornings. Love them.

10. Where were you born?
Great Falls, Montana.

11. How many siblings do you have?
One little sister, Meredith. She lives here in LA with me.
One older brother, Steve, from my Dad's first marriage. He lives in Montana with his sweet wife and daughters.
Two older step-brother, Matt and Nick. They are in Colorado.
Two brothers-in-law, Jason and Ryan.
Their wives, my sisters-in-law, Megan and Theresa.

12. Do you have any pets?
No, but my sister has a black lab named Lucy and she is often destroying living in our house.

13. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
My sister-in-law Megan is in labor RIGHT NOW. So excited to find out if it is a boy or girl!

14. What is your best childhood memory?
There are so many... but off the top of my head... one Christmas morning every gift we opened was something that had to do with traveling- like suticases, towels, a new outfit, toiletries... etc. It didn't make sense to my little self that was looking for something slightly more exciting... but after we finished opening gifts there was one envelope left on the tree for us to open. Inside was a picture of Cinderella's castle in Disneyworld and it said that in a couple of days we would all be going on a Disney family vacation! I cried. It was the best ever.

15. Any pet peeves?
I'm not a huge fan of people "verbally processing" everything they DON'T like. A bit of complaining is understandable... but excessive complaining drains me.

16. Favorite drink?
Hmm... on any given day it would be a grande two pump white chocolate mocha.

17. How many tattoos do you have?
Two technically. I got a white ink tattoo on my foot when I was 18 but it is mostly invisible now. And I have the one on my right arm.

18. What are you going to do now?
I am going to sit here at Starbucks a little while longer and set things up for this weekend's Model's For Christ leadership meeting. Thank you Lord for free wifi.

No comments: