Image Map

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dreaming lately?

Dream. 

If you don't dream enough, because you are always working on what is right in front of you, you will stay in the same place. You won't move, and you will never reach the fullness of your potential. Without dreams you will remain stagnant.

And yet, if you spend all your life dreaming, and never any time doing, you won't move forward either. You will stay in the "Neverland" of time, with grandiose ideas and nothing to show for them. Floating through life focused on a future that doesn't exist.

God is a dreamer. He is also a doer. He dreamed that the world would exist. Then He made it happen. He dreamed that you would exist. Then He made you happen. He dreamed that you would spend eternity with Him. He saw that your sin was keeping that dream from being fulfilled. So He did what He could to make it happen. Jesus made it happen.

You were created in the image of God. You look like Him. That means... you are a dreamer too. Your ability to dream may be dormant at the moment. Perhaps fear, stress, doubt, or distraction, has kept you from dreaming... but don't be fooled. Your ability to dream is not gone. It has just fallen asleep.

Well little darling... its time to wake up. 

The world needs your dreams. We do. We need you to dream dreams that are too big for you. Dreams that can only be accomplished if God is real. Dreams that require Him to be faithful. We need you to dream bigger than just a cute little home with a picket fence.. bigger than a golden retriever.. and bigger than a quiet life with 2 children. Don't misunderstand me, those things in themselves are not wrong, but there is more to living than just acquiring the "American Dream."

You were created by a God that is supernatural. He has the ability to move mountains, heal diseases, part bodies of water, and feed masses of people. Jesus, the King of Kings can do infinitely more than ALL you ask or imagine. But He needs you to give Him the opportunity.

Unlike some other people you may have encountered in your life, Jesus does not intend to take over your life by force. He is not about to manipulate you, or deceive you into following Him. He does not need to do that. He is not insecure about His leadership. He simply stands at the door of your heart and knocks. He has done everything He possibly can to get your attention, and He will continue. He longs for you to discover the life you were made to live.

In Christ you are able to dream dreams that don't make sense. Its true...

I will post a second blog here soon to continue with this thought. But my encouragement to you is to let yourself go wild for a bit.

Ask yourself... "What would I do if I knew I couldn't fail? What would I do if I knew I had unlimited resources? What would I do if I knew I would never get too stressed, worried, or burnt out to complete it? And finally, what would I do if I knew that my loved ones would support it?"

No comments: