Image Map

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beautiful feet.

 Just a thought..

Here in Chile there aren't as many mirrors. There aren't as many magazines. There isn't as much pressure to be small, tan, perfect, and beautiful. Sometimes I feel insecure about my appearance.. especially right now because I have a strange bug-bite/pimple looking lump on my forehead.. and I hope that I look pretty even when I think I am stinky and dirty. But I am learning that true beauty, lasting beauty, really is deeper than I believed it to be back home. It comes from Jesus in me, He is the author and perfecter of beauty.

You know when you walk into a really exquisite looking room, or see an extraordinary piece of art? You know that feeling where you think to yourself, "Oh my goodness, its so beautiful, I'm afraid to touch it."

I think that's what God means in Psalm 139 when he says we are "fearfully and wonderfully made". We are so magnificent it brings fear. I love that.

Sooo, just so you know.. I feel beautiful right not. I am wearing a big pink dirty sweatshirt, a sports-bra (accentuating that, like Shakira, "my breasts are small and humble"), soccer shorts, and a mostly make-up-less face. Somehow though, I feel amazing. Not like a proud, emotional high type of amazing.. more like a peaceful- "I am okay with me" type of amazing. I praise God for freedom and thank any of you who have prayed that I could be free. It is always a battle, but in this moment, I am feeling good.

Praying for freedom for you today.

Isaiah 52:7 (NLT)

 7 How beautiful on the mountains
      are the feet of the messenger who brings good news,
   the good news of peace and salvation,
      the news that the God of Israel reigns!

I think she is just beautiful. 


 

No comments: