Image Map

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cayla, Torie, Ellie, and Maddie.



These women of God are teaching me so much about how to live. They are a part of the creative arts ministry I lead at YWAM LA and their hearts are pure gold. Cayla is 16, I think Torie and Ellie are 12, and Maddie is 10.
I admire the way these young ones love Jesus. They just love Him. This past weekend they taught me a powerful lesson about having the heart of a servant.

On Sunday our group of Discipleship Training School students (ranging in age from 18-28) performed a drama at a church event and these younger girls were a part of the performance. This meant that we had a more intense rehearsal on Friday with extra work to be done, and it also meant that I needed everyone to be on their best behavior Sunday because we were serving another ministry.

Cayla, Torie, Ellie and Maddie were amazing. They were always early to everything we did, they genuinely treated me with love, and though their role in the show not as large as others, they worked as if they were literally about to perform for Jesus Christ Himself. They served us with with an attitude that showed they were truly honored to be a part of what we were doing.

Because of the fact that the DTS is only 6 months long it means that I am getting new students frequently. Every half year we get a new group. But these young girls live on the YWAM campus so they are always a part of what we do.. in reality they could very much take it for granted because they know that as my little sisters here, they will always be invited to join us. But somehow, though they've been with me for years, they still act totally grateful to be involved.

This beautiful attitude of humility reminded me of how I am to be in everything I do. I am to be grateful and serve knowing that it is an honor to be involved in what Jesus is doing on earth. I am to be childlike in my faith, positive in my attitude, and a servant in my actions. I am to more like Cayla, and like Torie, and like Ellie and like Maddie, in all that I do, because they resemble our Savior.

Ephesians 6:5-9 The Message (MSG)5-8 "Servants, respectfully obey your earthly masters but always with an eye to obeying the real master, Christ. Don't just do what you have to do to get by, but work heartily, as Christ's servants doing what God wants you to do. And work with a smile on your face, always keeping in mind that no matter who happens to be giving the orders, you're really serving God."

No comments: